Friday, May 22, 2009

Fly with Eagles Little Peeps!

The Nest is Empty!
Metso found a branch to balance on.



What fun it has been to watch the journey of The Peeps family. Yesterday, with one last little one to fly away, part of my heart said, “Oh stay all summer, we’ll go out and find worms and grubs for you in the flower bed,” and the other part said, “Fly away, experience the big wide world out there, your journey has only just begun!” They must have heard the "fly away" part, because today the last little peep has left the nest. I think my family will be glad to have me back, focused on them again. I have been accused of being “obsessed” with these birds. The peeps got so used to me snapping pictures; I think they thought I was a member of the family. I’m just glad they decided to roost on our front porch. I guess I'll clean up the twigs and soft landing material that came out of the flower beds. I now have a deep appreciation for “the empty nest,” and I can’t help but wonder if God is preparing me for that inevitable day in the future when I’ll face my own empty nest. They say the it's the little things that bring us the greatest joy in life. These little ones sure have! I hope you've enjoyed the "birdie blog."



I love this eagle story, and each of my little robins is soaring with eagles now!

Even Eagles Need a Push
The Eagle gently coaxed her offspring toward the edge of the nest. Her heart quivered with conflicting emotions as she felt their resistance to the persistent nudging. “Why does the thrill of soaring have to begin with the fear of the fall?” she thought. This ageless question was still unanswered for her.
As in the tradition of the species, her nest was located high on the shelf of a sheer rock face. Below there was nothing but air to support the wings of each child. “Is it possible that this time it will not work?” she thought. Despite her fears, the Eagle knew it was time. Her parental mission was all but complete. There remained one final test.....the push.
The Eagle drew courage from an innate wisdom. Until her children discovered their wings, there was no purpose for their lives. Until they learned how to soar, they would fail to understand the privilege it was to have been born an Eagle. The push was the greatest gift she had to offer. It was her supreme act of love. And so one by one she pushed them and they flew!

No comments:

Post a Comment