Thursday, May 21, 2009

3.......2......1!

Before leaving for school today, I checked in on the nest. They looked at me, as if they had a story to tell. So I watched and listened......... I wondered if there were 3 or 4 peeps in the nest? I could only see 3.
The Peeps spotted Mama Penny with a worm in her mouth.




They kept a close eye on her.

The next thing I knew she came in for a landing on the steps.

Then without warning, Forte ruffled his feathers, spread his wings and....

FLEW over my head and landed on the steps below!

When I went to get a picture of him, I noticed Crescendo on a branch in the yard!

So two peeps in the nest and two out in the big world!

I knew this stance meant Piano was getting ready for flight. She was up in the tree within seconds.

Leaving only one peep in the nest. Mandy says Metso is waiting to leave last.

1 comment: